Sunday, November 16, 2014

sLog Week 10: Three Bounds In A Pod

     I've been reading other people's slogs a lot recently, as it's really interesting to see that other students in this course are struggling with/thinking the same things as me. Qasim's post this week really resonated with me, and I strongly agree with a lot of his ideas. I'm becoming more familiar with these bounded-proofs (more particularly big-O as I've had more practice with it recently), and I too am beginning to notice common patterns across similar proofs. I've also really benefited from tutorials in this respect, as I can confirm any assumptions and doubts I may have with certain aspects of the proofs. I enjoy having the opportunity to work on problems one-on-one with the TA's, as well as other students in my tutorial. I've mentioned this before, but I really do believe that tutorials are one of the most helpful aspects of this course. Especially with a course of this nature, it's important (for me at least) to talk through problems with others and ensure that one's problem solving instincts are directing them on the right course.

No comments:

Post a Comment